The Inspire & Enable Awards honor local philanthropists, nonprofit organizations and government agencies that inspire San Diegans and enable community solutions to improve our region.
Awards are given annually by San Diego Foundation to partners who create extraordinary impact throughout San Diego County and exemplify the following values:
We act with integrity and respect for one another and the communities we serve.
We engage diverse perspectives to foster collaboration and innovative solutions.
Together, we strive for an inclusive community where everyone has equitable access to opportunity.
Who is Eligible
This award recognizes community philanthropists who have made significant contributions to the people and partners of our region. SDF will recognize an individual or couple whose charitable goals inspire the work of our local nonprofit community.
Nominees must be San Diego Foundation fundholders.
Awardees will receive the opportunity to direct a grant of $5,000 to a nonprofit of their choice.
This award recognizes a nonprofit organization or government agency that has had a significant impact in San Diego County. SDF will recognize an exemplary organization or agency whose work improves the quality of life for individuals and/or families in our region.
Nominees must be a nonprofit organization or government agency that has received grant funding from San Diego Foundation or otherwise works in partnership with SDF. Nominees must serve and be located in San Diego County.
Awardees will receive a grant of $5,000 to their nonprofit.
Who Can Make a Nomination?
To submit a nomination, you must be a current member of the San Diego Foundation:
- Board of Governors
- Black Community Investment Fund Advisory Council
- Early Childhood Initiative Grant Review Committee
- Opening the Outdoors Grant Review Committee
- Planning Council
Nominations are open through Friday, July 15, 2022.
Current SDF employees are ineligible to be nominated. Late entries will not be considered.
- All submissions received during the open nomination period will be compiled and reviewed by a cross-departmental Award Selection Team of SDF staff members.
- The Team will review and recommend one winner for each award.
- The SDF Executive Team and Board of Governors Executive Committee will review the recommendations and provide final approval. An alternate will be chosen by the selection committee in the event the recipient declines.
- Award recipients will be notified.